(c) Dynex Hobby 2016. All rights reserved
High speed rotors contain enough energy to cause injury to people and damage to property. Manufacturer's safety precautions MUST be adhered to during testing and operation of devices.
Safety goggles must be worn during testing and operation of devices. High speed rotors can expel high velocity debris during an adverse event.
- Never stand in front of or alongside a spinning rotor. Stand behind at a safe distance.
- Ensure bystanders are well away from the test article at a safe distance.
- NEVER run a rotor at full speed when balancing. Mounting cradles are not designed to restrain running devices at operational speeds.
- Run devices at the slowest possible speeds to avoid injury.
- Do not leave loose items nearby that can be caught by a spinning rotor.
- Always stop running devices before working on them.
- Never place a limb in front of a rotor to stop it or slow it down.
- Fasten devices in secure mounts when operating at full speed. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for device operation.
Before you begin...
Assembly requires the builder to have knowledge on constructing electronic circuits. Soldering irons can cause severe burns if not handled correctly.
Electronic solder typically contain rosin-resin compounds and lead, which when heated may create noxious fumes. Prolonged exposure to these fumes is considered potentially harmful and may create health problems including headaches, nausea and eye irritation. A Solder Fume Extractor or working in a well-ventilated area greatly reduces this hazard by effective removing these problem fumes from the air.
Your safety is your own responsibility, including proper use of equipment and safety gear, and determining whether you have adequate skill and experience. Improper use of modeling gear is dangerous, unless used properly and with adequate precautions, including safety gear. Some illustrative photos do not depict safety precautions or equipment, in order to show operating instructions more clearly. These products are not intended for use by children. These products are intended for radio controll model applications and should never be used on industrial equipment.
Use of our products and content on DynexHobby.com is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to make sure that your activities comply with applicable laws, including copyright. The United States Fire Administration (USFA) has a guide and many simple steps you can take to prevent the loss of life and property resulting from electrical fires.